Friday, July 4, 2014

Song of The Day: "American Girl" by Bonnie Mckee



Happy 4th of July! As the first official Song of The Day (I won't do everyday, only when something important comes along), I decided to something holiday-related. Here, we have one of the greatest songs of 2013 and the most patriotic song I can think of.

Bonnie Mckee happens to be one of the greatest songwriters of our time. "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz? That was Bonnie. "How We Do" by Rita Ora? Chalk another one up for Bonnie. Pretty much every popular Katy Perry song? Bonnie was behind those too. So why isn't she a major pop star by now? Well, "American Girl" is her second attempt at a solo career and if this is any indication of what to expect, I cannot wait for her next album.

"I was raised by a television" is an amazing lyric isn't it? God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment